Friday, December 30, 2011

Letting Go of the Old and Welcoming in the New


Each year just before New Year’s Day I like to look back at the year that has just passed and reflect on what it has meant to me. I look at the intentions I set out last year at this time and check to see how many of them I followed through on and what has actually come to pass.

I look at experiences that I’ve had and the lessons that they have brought to me. I look at who I was and who I am today, hopefully a better version of myself than I was last year.

It’s a lovely little ritual that I’ve been doing for some time now and I really enjoy the quiet time reviewing all of it and allowing myself to see that, although there are some days when I feel I have gone backwards in my personal growth, I actually have come a long way over the course of a year. Looking at how my belief system has changed and my thought patterns have adjusted according to the new beliefs I have instilled in myself.

It’s also a good time to look at relationships. How have they grown, either closer or farther apart. To look at how they have changed, how the people in my life have helped me on my soul’s journey and the ways in which I have learned to overcome the history, the pain and the way the relationship used to be in the past to become more loving, compassionate and present in it now.

In looking back, sometimes there is unfinished business, an experience that has stayed with me, something I haven’t quite been able to let go of. In these cases I try to let go of the old pain, forgive the other person and myself and ready myself for a shift in how I interact with that person.

Starting the year with fresh intentions, a new perspective and an open loving heart is most important to me. It allows me to welcome all the new opportunities that life has to offer in the coming year. I hope that you find it to be beneficial and important to you too. It can make the difference between suffering through another year and experiencing great new possibilities, a love you never thought you’d ever feel, and a world that feels comfortable, safe in which you feel content and even excited about what will happen next.

Wishing you all a year of peace, love and understanding, of joy, abundance and contentment. May you feel loved and love unconditionally and dance through life in your best shoes because you deserve it!

With love and kindness
Bettina

Find out more about one-on-one-coaching, Reiki, workshops and card readings at www.thesoulconnection.ca

1 comment:

  1. Bettina, You are so wise.....I love your posts.

    Happy new year to you and your family.!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, feedback and stories are gratefully accepted. I value them all and love to read them.